Today customers want personalized content and experience that matches their expectations across devices, channels and platforms. Therefore, quality assurance is becoming a core focus for nimble organizations. But establishing a testing function that delivers high quality consistently is a constant struggle while maintaining agility and escalating costs.
Tata Communications Transformation Services (TCTS) understand that many telecom and equipment manufacturers perform test cases in silos leading to high capital expenditure, poor resource utilization, low synergies, high operational costs and non-standardized testing process.
At TCTS, we refer Managed Testing Services as Managed Lab as a Service (MLaaS) – which essentially goes beyond usual managed testing services. Managed LaaS enables future proof evolving models like 'Lab as a Service', 'Testing as a Service', 'Infrastructure-as-a-Service' and 'Remote Testing'. It provides a highly scalable model with optimal resource utilization, high availability of resources, well trained resources with 24x7 operations.
MLaaS takes a holistic approach to testing services, while helping telecom and OEMs to overcome major testing challenges to drive results and keeping the cost under control. TCTS takes the responsibility for all the test environments both within and outside the organization to meet the growing and fluctuating client demands.
Telecom and OEMs are under constant pressure to reduce operational expenditure, optimize lab resources, bring down capex year-on-year, etc., and the same time maintain highest quality standards to match client expectations. What is driving the market today for managed testing are the following:
- Poor customer experience
- Low enhancements leading to poor resource utilization & scalability
- No qualified and experienced test resources to manage the test environments
- No proper differentiation of test environments for configurations in an agile mode
- Inconstant change management procedures
- Multiple separate environments to cater to development and testing activities across verticals
- Unavailability of an end-to-end test ecosystem
- Test environments being scattered across several facilities
- No structured process for knowledge management and Intellectual Property Rights
- No proper business continuity
- No adherence to regulatory compliance
Key Service Offerings
Managed Lab-as-a-Service (LaaS) solution provides a complete E2E managed service solution of the proposed layered architecture coupled with lab automation solution. The solution provides a transformation and KPI/SLA based operations model that enhances the productivity year-on-year.
Managed LaaS consist of people, process, technology and infrastructure components as illustrated below.
Managed LaaS can be implemented as a cloud based on-line self-service labs which can be used exclusively for internal purposes or can also support Infrastructure-as-a-Service by reselling similar services from these labs to their clients.
- New Lab Design and consulting
- Existing Service Provider Lab Consolidation / Up-gradation
- Business Continuity Plan / Disaster Recovery Planning
- Lab Build and Operate services (Onsite / Offshore)
- Lab Transition / Migration
- Lean manpower and cost effective Lab operations
- Service Request Readiness & Fulfilment Support
- Lab Inventory and Resource Management
- Lab Shared IT and Network Infrastructure Management
- Test Environment Infrastructure Management
- Lab Assurance (Performance / Incident Management)
- Lab Facilities Infrastructure Management (BMS)
- Lab E2E OSS integration and Test Automation Support
- Service Desk 24x7x365
- Testing Support 24x7x365
- Proof of Concept Testing
- Network Readiness Testing
- Design Verification Testing
- Hardware Certification Testing
- Network Operating System Testing
- Migration Plan Testing
- Service Reporting (SLA/KPI) Management